Picture from my instagram

Some of you might know that I have recently (2 weeks ago) started the Online Interior Design Diploma in the KLC school. 
I wanted to share my thoughts with you guys in case any of you is thinking about enrolling! So here it is.
First of all, after the first 2 weeks I have to say I am really impressed and happy with the quality and approach of the course.

The first section covers a lot of practical aspects from technical drawings to building regulations which is essential to learn but also focuses on the creative expression and establishing your personal style which is a lot of fun. One of the first assignments is to create a personal style board which I am working on at the moment which starts with keeping a personal journal with everything that I like and find inspiring. I found it really useful. 

I am not a complete novice when it comes to interior design which definitely helps understanding the content of the material and kind of glues everything together but it will also make sense for someone who is just starting up but really passionate. 

It is definitely a professional course, rather then a "hobby" course and it takes a lot of dedication and time (at least 18 months to finish) so make sure you are ready to give up some of your free time for it. I have been so far spending every day of the week studying so it really feels like uni, even if it's done from home. 

I will post more once I submit my first assignment but feel free to ask me any questions in the comments below xx 

2 comments

  1. Hi

    Thanks a lot for this helpful article but in your opinion what is the real difference between the BA and the diploma course at KLC ? i have a BSc In Architecture but i work as an interior designer for five years till now in my home city Cairo, i want to upgrade my knowledge and open up new opportunities in London so it will be a huge investment if i wanted to study there, the online diploma seems interesting too but it’s not accredited like the in-campus courses so i might find some difficulty in finding a good job As it wont open up the opportunity of getting a working visa In London. would really love to hear your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marwa, I apologise for such a delayed response, I think it is worth doing to deepen your knowledge about interior design, you already have architectural knowledge that will be very helpful when moving to London and looking for a job in interiors as they often look for technical skills (CAD etc) as much as creative skills. I think it is a great alternative to degrees as you already have your feet in the water with the BSs in Architecture. I am sure you will be able to find a job as a junior interior designer! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

Copyright © Style loves home
Design by Fearne